Wednesday, July 7, 2010

He who does not run with bulls

I'm trying to catch up on posts so forgive the lack of details here. However, I doubt that I will skip much about Day 3 because it was mostly a wash.

Travelling without planning much beforehand has it's ups and it's downs. Freedom to do whatever you want at any moment is tampered by the fact that some things require advance notice. And despite much effort on Monday, it turns out the I will not be attending the Festival of San Fermin in Pamplona this year. I will be back I promise, but without prior reservations, I am left with nowhere to stay and no way to get there, with out spending more on one city than i planned for maybe 3.

But I am off to Barcelona. Which was also tricky to plan at the last minute. It turns out that 3 hour rapid-trains are $150 to travel within a week of planning, but the night trains are less than half the price. It takes all night, but you also don't have to pay for a hostel. And come on...it's a night train. Even being forced to take first class was actually a disguised gift. In first class, the seat folds into a mini, curl-up sort of bed. But if you have luck like me, then you have the whole compartment to yourself and you can lay two of them out to form a full, layout bed. So I am off to sleep and Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment