Monday, July 12, 2010

A brief update

For those of you who have found your way to this blog, I am sorry that there haven't been more updates. I have been having a blast, don't you worry. After my adventures on in Madrid and the night train, I spent 3 crazy days in Barcelona.  I literally conquered that town by bicycle.  I will upload pictures and with any luck, a few videos of my exploits there.  Quick note: it seems that to go to Barcelona as a tourist is to see Gaudi. Everywhere. 

In more recent days, I find myself between Targoviste and Bucsani, Romania.  Bucsani is a very small village near the larger city Targoviste.  Marina's cousin was married on Saturday and I had the privilege of seeing a wedding in a different culture.  Again, I will provide more details when I have better internet access but for now, it was a very beautiful experience.  Very different from the traditions we have in the United States and I am glad to have experienced this kind of event somewhere few people like me ever have or will.

In case I don't write again before then, I will be arriving in Vienna, Austria on Thursday evening.  I have a relatively good friend there named Max who spent some time with me in the United States.  I imagine that it will be here that I can write in more detail about my recent adventures.  

Thanks for checking in.   I will write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment